The Desk

The Desk
So many projects . . . so little time!

Monday, August 27, 2007

Week 9 Thing #23!!!!!!!

I made it! September 1st is still a couple of days away and I have finished this journey. I started back on May 11th after the CCCOE training on 2.0 and that motivated me to take on this task. It has not been without the bumps in the road, the potholes and the detours. Like so many women today, I'm a working mom with a busy life outside of school. I work at a year round school in a twelve month position so my "summer" break was three days at the Fourth of July. To say that I feel a great sense of accomplishment for finishing on time is an understatement.

I have enjoyed this experience and reccommended it to those I work with. I have introduced several of the tools to others on my school's staff and plan to continue to do so. I've used the things I learned both professionally and personally to enhance projects that I'm working on.

My favorites? del.icio.us has made my life so much easier. And I even got my family hooked on using it. Now, no matter what computer I'm using, I have access to my favorite sites with ease. Flickr and the image generators have been so much fun and a very easy way to share pictures. Zoho will also be something I take to the teaches as an option for students.

I liked the format that CSLA used for this "course". I think for me, dividing it up into 10 or 12 weeks would have made it seem less rushed but I did take a few weeks off here or there. I think one of the big plusses for me was the work at your own speed format.

I'm going to keep my blog going. One of the benefits for me personally has been to remind me how much I enjoy the writing process. It has been fun reading the comments left by others too.

I would definately "sign up" again if you offered a second trip down the 2.0 road.

My one word summation ... it was a "trip"!

3 comments:

Jackie S, 2.0 project manager said...

Congratulations! You have successfully completed School Library Learning 2.0 and are now an official member of the CSLA 2.0 Team. Your blog has been moved to the "Congratulations - 2.0 Team" list.

Thanks for sharing your discoveries with us and your CSLA friends. Keep on inviting other colleagues to work through the course and cheer them along!

Best wishes. Hope to see you at CSLA Conference.
- Jackie Siminitus
CSLA 2.0 Team project manager

Liz Dodds said...

Congratulations on finishing! I am so impressed that you plan to keep your blog going. Good luck!

IrmaPince said...

Congratulations on finishing and joining the 2.0 Team. I have become attached to seeing the photo of your desk, so I hope you will continue to post and to cheer on those who are still trippin' on down the road.